From the post:
There’s something insidious to me about the self-aware logic that underpins the stunt sandwich: It’s asking the customer to be in on the joke of fast food. The concept is practically yelling, “You remember how gross and unhealthy and environmentally unsustainable fast food is? Well, this is, like, TWICE as gross as that. Come eat it.” The Pizzabon asks the consumer to acknowledge the unappetizing absurdity of fast food while participating in it. It’s the same logic that operates in reality television: encouraging us to pity and laugh at people while participating in their glorification. The Pizzabon is the Honey Boo Boo Child of food.
Promo photo courtesy Cinnabon, real photo by author
I WANT TO IRONICALLY EAT FIVE OF THEM
America, this is a thing. We should be ashamed of ourselves.
LOOK AT IT. It’s like a before/after of your intestines…
5 Notes/ Hide
- describemz reblogged this from jacksonreeves and added:
- ginnyteacher reblogged this from atlantamagazine and added:
- outlawlady reblogged this from atlantamagazine
- macktheripper65 reblogged this from atlantamagazine and added:
- jacksonreeves reblogged this from atlantamagazine and added:
- atlantamagazine posted this